Flowery dress

I’ve been making the most of the summer holidays by using the time to get my sewing machine out and do some of the longer seeing projects I’ve had in mind for a while now. First one finished is this dress. 

   
I’m not entirely happy with the fit. My husband helped me get my measurements and according to the pattern I needed to make the U.S. Size 16. It seemed a little at odds with my usual size, but we measured three times and it always came out the same. So I made the 16… Of course,  it was far to big across the chest and sleeves when I was finished, meaning it didn’t hang right anywhere, so I had to unpick and adjust the sleeves (by several cm!) so now it stays on securely but is still baggy around the bust. Wearable though.

In conclusion, I will be making this pattern again, or at least one of the other variations, but will go for the 14 I think and still be prepared to have to make adjustments. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s