So I made another Mortmain dress, using the Gathered pattern again. Only this time I decided to use two different fabrics. I bought the fabric from the Rustic Pumpkin in Rugby and immediately knew it would make the perfect Mortmain. The bodice is cream with little bees and the skirt a beautiful blue.
The only problem I had was when fitting the zip in the back. I could not get the waistband to line up. And when I eventually did, I noticed the top of the bodice doesn’t quite line up! Whoops. My husbands suggestion is that it’s fine as it will be under my hair… He’s clearly not noticed that my hair isn’t that long! I’ll forgive him, as he’s an able and willing dressmakers assistant when I’m pinning, lining up things and generally getting in a pickle.
Love this dress though!